Carrot muffins are of course the perfect Easter recipe. Gluten-free, no refined sugar, lactose-free. They are histamine-free if you use unsalted macadamia nuts instead of almonds and grind them finely in a mixer. Instead of almond milk you can choose a compatible milk. Store the muffins in the refrigerator.
Gluten free carrot muffins
- 100 g almonds (or, by weight of histamine: macadamia nuts)
- 200 g wholemeal rice flour (or: without gluten intolerance normal flour)
- 2 teaspoons tartaric baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g coconut oil melted
- + some coconut oil to grease the muffin tin
- 140 g apple puree
- 50 g maple syrup
- 120 ml almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 50 ml sparkling water
- 100 g grated carrots
- 175 g cream cheese (vegan or normal)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tl ground vanilla
Preheat oven to 180 degrees top- bottom heat
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add all liquid ingredients and mix.
Fold in carrots.
Grease a muffin tray with some coconut oil.
Spread the dough over the 12 muffin tins and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Cream the cream cheese, maple syrup and ground vanilla and chill in the refrigerator.
When the muffins are completely cooled down, spread the frosty (fresh cheese cream) on the muffins.
Store in the refrigerator.
Another Easter recipe? Be sure to try my Carrot Cake Energy Balls.
And have you seen my book trailer yet? Check it out!